Murder Most Puzzling
invites readers to play detective and solve a series of absorbing,
Readers are cast as the faithful sidekick to amateur sleuth Medea Thorne in order to solve 20 puzzling cases.
Meet a cast of colorful characters-from
ghost hunter extraordinaire Augustin Artaud, to Leonard Fanshawe, a
competitor in the Annual Perfect Pickled Foods Festival.
* A witty riff on the classic whodunit that brings out everyone's inner detective
* Each mystery is sumptuously illustrated.
* The mysteries require different deductive tactics, making them a good brain exercise
body in the topiary garden, a death at a clairvoyants' convention, and
the mysterious accident of the boating lake-prepare for a whirlwind
adventure, laced with humor and a dash of the macabre.
This book will delight fans of Agatha Christie, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Edward Gorey.
* This is a collection of darkly humorous puzzles.
* Features a clever die-cut cover, and illustrated in a gorgeous gothic style by Stephanie von Reiswitz
* Perfect gift for Edward Gorey fans, mystery buffs, puzzle addicts, and fans of true crime podcasts and TV shows
* Add it to the shelf with books like The Gashlycrumb by Edward Gorey, File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents by Lemony Snicket, and The Composer Is Dead by Lemony Snicket.
- Hardback | 96 pages
- 216 x 279 x 13.97mm | 557.92g
- 01 Dec 2020
- CHRONICLE BOOKS
- San Francisco, United States
People who viewed this also viewed
15 Oct 2020
02 Oct 2014
04 Nov 2019
10 Jan 2011
19 Jan 2017
About Stephanie von Reiswitz